I think I can win Wimbledon for Labour. I can use my local and national profile to build relationships with people who haven’t traditionally voted Labour.
I have a high profile in Wimbledon as a community champion and a reputation for getting things done. I am recognised for the part I played in:
- Leading a parent team to create a memorial garden for a local child
- Setting up the nationally-acclaimed Merton Parents for Better Food in School
- Running the campaign which successfully saved Morden Park Playing Fields
- Organising women’s football teams for older women and arranging tournaments
- Helping set up Wimbledon Community Chorus
- Establishing Merton Welcomes Refugees and creating a network of supporters in the borough.
- Supporting disability campaigners at Merton CiL
- Bringing the Street Orchestra of London to perform in Morden Park
- Arranging a memorial event for Jo Cox on Wimbledon Common
- Motivating members and supporters to campaign in the last snap election
- Supporting a vibrant and engaging Saturday stall in our High street that recruited many new members to Labour
- Increasing youth voter registration.
Through my refugee support work I have built excellent relationships with local faith groups.
I think that this local experience means that I am well placed to make a strong case for Labour. I am absolutely committed to using my experiences and strengths to make a better future for our community here in Wimbledon. I know how to bring people together. I’m a feminist, a socialist, a community activist and a trade unionist. I campaigned for Corbyn to be leader so we can have Labour government for the many, not the few. I want to play my part in making this happen.
If you agree with me, then please lend me your support!
1. Sign up to help with the camign
2. Email or text me your endorsement
3. Like/share my Facebook page